Friday, June 4, 2010

291 Teaser : Up on one of those things!?

I couldn’t help but let out a long laugh. “Shadow-father... are you... all right?”

“I... shadow-son...” He pulled himself straight, and petted the horse, whose ears pricked nervously. “I believe you’d best lead me back to the barracks. I’ve just gone mad. I could have sworn...that I just saw a person... flying...”

“Truly?” I said. It was one of those times in which the corners of your lips are pulled up even if you will them not to be. “Did it... look like... you’d like... doing it?” He was staring upward now, his head snapping here and there, now that he knew they were not birds.

“I’m serious, Chevenga,” with a bit of a growl in his voice. “I’m having visions here, hallucinations. It makes me very uncomfortable. Do you see them?”

I looked up, remembering which wing-colours belonged to who. “That... would be Kamaha... head woolly bird,” I said. “There is... Sala... Sawas, his true name… One of... the best of... the A-niah. There’s... Sijurai... oh, and there’s Krero.”

“Krero?”

“Yes, the one… like a hawk… with the blue stripes...”

“Saranyera?”

“Captain of the… darya semanakraseye… the very same.”

“Up on one of those things!?”

“Cheng, who’s that you’ve got there?” Sachara bellowed from somewhere else on high. “Not… Esora-e! Oh my All-Spirit!”

--

[AN: Back here again. Please hold comments for when www.chevenga.com stabilizes, thanks!]